Comment on page
D&I Badging Code of Conduct
The CHAOSS D&I Badging Project pledges to ensure that participation in our project a harassment-free experience for everyone regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, honest, impartial and healthy environment.
Examples of behavior that are expected:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting the responsibility associated with your role and doing your best with it
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- Harassment (public or private)
- Being untruthful or inequitable during a badge workflow
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Project maintainers are responsible for clarifying and enforcing the standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
- Moderators are in charge of coordinating submitted applications. Their goal is to construct a pleasant, effective communicating environment.
- Reviewers should commit to the D&I Badging Conflict of Interest policy and provide fair judgment and prompt feedback toward the assigned submission.
- Applicants should provide straightforward, reliable and accurate information according to their submission.
Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
All project maintainers are obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
According to the impact and consequences of the harassment, the project maintainer can give correction, warning, a temporary ban, or a permanent ban to the actor. For further information, please refer to Enforcement Guidelines.