We integrate a GitHub app, the
@badging-bot,to help us coordinate the workflow. The main function of the badging-bot is improving the efficiency of the reviewing process with some automated integration.
Some more functions of the badging-bot include:
- Guiding applicants/reviewers
- Assigning reviewers for a submission
- Opening checklists for reviewers according to the type of event
- Checking current badge status
- Generating the final badge link
- Closing an application issue when an application is finalized
Here is a mock submission illustrating the review process:
This is what happened where the
- A command is typed in a review issue comment. When someone creates an issue comment with a command, the bot will be triggered and respond in a new comment.
You can also interact with
@badging-botusing a few commands.
- Type this command and only this command in an issue anytime during the review when you wish to check the current badge status.
- All roles are allowed to use this command.
#show the current badge status
- Type this command and only this command in an issue when the review is at an end.
- Only moderators are allowed to use this command.
#obtain the final badge and close the issue