Contains the details about working groups
Dictionary says, "Working Group is a group of experts working together to achieve specified goals" and this is what CHAOSS Working Groups signifies - The groups that are primarily organized around metrics and software.
In order to learn more about these groups, you should refer to their GitHub repositories.
Working Groups around Metric
Working Groups around Software
Working Groups around User Groups
The CHAOSS community is dedicated to fostering an open and welcoming environment for all contributors.
The CHAOSS community welcomes and encourages participation from anyone. We believe that our culture is focused on diversity and inclusion which is the key driver of our creativity, innovation, and invention.
We welcome contributions from everyone as long as they interact constructively with our community by participating in working groups meeting calls and providing feedback, and suggestions on metrics and software.
- participating at least once per month over a period of 3 months
- providing feedback in the weekly working group meetings
- providing feedback on docs of metrics
- making any other contributions on GitHub (commits issues)
Here are the steps to define any new Focus Area
of metric inside any working group:
- Ask yourself - Under what category my focus area lies? Try to relate your focus area with already existing focus areas. If you are able to relate it with the existing focus area and background that means its all set.👍
- But if you are unable to relate, open up the issue within the relevant repository of the working group and explain the focus area along with its goal
- Once you submit, it will be reviewed by maintainers and will be discussed in the respective working group meeting call.
Most of the work within the working group is done in the following ways:
- Issues for keeping track of metrics we are working on with the links to google docs
- We use general google docs for collaborating and discussing on a specific metrics
- We use
markdown filesin the working group for a more permanent place for metric
- We continue the discussion in the pull request until we decide to merge it
- Working groups work through calls and asynchronously through documents to move towards the decision
We love hearing about new metrics that provide insights into the relevant working group. For refining any new metric working groups follow this: